What, help me??
Well, here we are again. Another day, another.... well, you know the rest. "What's on your mind today?", you asks! Ever think about helping a blind person do anything? Probably not since most blind persons are hermits, and for very good reason. I know I'm in trouble when the first words out of someones mouth is, "look", or "do you see that", or "look up at the top (or bottom, or left and so on)".
I hate telling (and in many cases, reminding) people that I am blind. You would think since they have eyes and I carry a white cane like it's my lost puppy, they would take the obvious as a hint. Even the organizations that I have all of my disability through do the same thing. So, when someone tries to teach me something on the internet,well, it's even more complicated. Many asks how I navigate. How do you know whats on the page? How do you know what you are clicking? Through almost highly sophisticated software called "JAWS", mouse clicks, snap grids, and a lot of help from Google, it becomes almost flawless.
I still perform my share of mistakes. You have to look at your mistakes as a stepping stone, not a failure. I feel the more mistakes I make, the more I am succeeding. Why do I look at it that way? So long as I am making mistakes, I am doing something. That's much better than doing nothing at all.
I feel, most of the time, as though I were the only actual "blind" person on this planet. Even at places such as the Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired. When I went there for my assessment after losing all of my vision, everyone there was saying "look, do you see", I'm like, "No, I don't "see" anything. I think the place should be renamed to the Center for the Visually Impaired. I don't see daylight, or light of any other kind. Total blindness can be extremely intimidating. First, trying to adjust to the fact that there is no day or night anymore. So, your body whirls out of control. You may sleep for two days in a row without knowing it. You may not sleep for four or five days without knowing it. Your eating habits are also messed up.
Everyone is always worried about my "schedule". What schedule. You can't schedule anything when your body doesn't know if it's day or night, you have to take medications every six hours, you don't remember when the last time you ate, oh, and the ever so famous, "what was it I was supposed to do today?". Today? "What day is this?". Is this Thursday, Monday?
A glimpse into my life. Today's point is, if you think you can help, and you have suggestions on how I can automate some of my marketing problems, email me or leave me a posts. See ya.
I hate telling (and in many cases, reminding) people that I am blind. You would think since they have eyes and I carry a white cane like it's my lost puppy, they would take the obvious as a hint. Even the organizations that I have all of my disability through do the same thing. So, when someone tries to teach me something on the internet,well, it's even more complicated. Many asks how I navigate. How do you know whats on the page? How do you know what you are clicking? Through almost highly sophisticated software called "JAWS", mouse clicks, snap grids, and a lot of help from Google, it becomes almost flawless.
I still perform my share of mistakes. You have to look at your mistakes as a stepping stone, not a failure. I feel the more mistakes I make, the more I am succeeding. Why do I look at it that way? So long as I am making mistakes, I am doing something. That's much better than doing nothing at all.
I feel, most of the time, as though I were the only actual "blind" person on this planet. Even at places such as the Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired. When I went there for my assessment after losing all of my vision, everyone there was saying "look, do you see", I'm like, "No, I don't "see" anything. I think the place should be renamed to the Center for the Visually Impaired. I don't see daylight, or light of any other kind. Total blindness can be extremely intimidating. First, trying to adjust to the fact that there is no day or night anymore. So, your body whirls out of control. You may sleep for two days in a row without knowing it. You may not sleep for four or five days without knowing it. Your eating habits are also messed up.
Everyone is always worried about my "schedule". What schedule. You can't schedule anything when your body doesn't know if it's day or night, you have to take medications every six hours, you don't remember when the last time you ate, oh, and the ever so famous, "what was it I was supposed to do today?". Today? "What day is this?". Is this Thursday, Monday?
A glimpse into my life. Today's point is, if you think you can help, and you have suggestions on how I can automate some of my marketing problems, email me or leave me a posts. See ya.
Comments
Post a Comment