Thank you for visiting my posts!!
Okay, yesterday I let everyone know why I am blind. Now, I will tell you some of the rest of me story. First off, this page is work in progress. If you have suggestions or comments please feel free to leave them. What is it like to go blind in today's society? It can be overwhelming, intimidating, confusing, horrific, comical, and exhausting. A good example would be: find you a coffee cup, next, blindfold yourself, third, now walk to the sink or refrigerator and poor yourself a drink of water. Something so simple is now very, very hard work. This is twenty-four seven, though, when you are blind.
Things that you took for granted before can no longer be taken for granted. First, it is dangerous to think that things you did before you went blind are now going to be as simple. You will quickly get a first hand lesson that they are no longer "that simple". Now, throw in the fact that you have neuropathy in both hands. Using your cane is not so simple when you can't feel your hands or fingers. Now we mention the fact that you are disoriented all day. In many cases you don't know right from left, up from down, back from front. Why am I telling you all of this? We all have problems, right? Yes we do. I want you to know though, no matter how messed up your life may seem, it's only an illusion. It can get worse. You are the only one to make it worse, though. I could have easily just sat in a corner and said, "forget all this", i'm not going any further. I didn't do that.
Anyway, if this posts helps one person take a closer look at their life and say, " I can do better", but it's going to take hard work and dedication to do it, then my goal has been accomplished. Til tomorrow.
Okay, yesterday I let everyone know why I am blind. Now, I will tell you some of the rest of me story. First off, this page is work in progress. If you have suggestions or comments please feel free to leave them. What is it like to go blind in today's society? It can be overwhelming, intimidating, confusing, horrific, comical, and exhausting. A good example would be: find you a coffee cup, next, blindfold yourself, third, now walk to the sink or refrigerator and poor yourself a drink of water. Something so simple is now very, very hard work. This is twenty-four seven, though, when you are blind.
Things that you took for granted before can no longer be taken for granted. First, it is dangerous to think that things you did before you went blind are now going to be as simple. You will quickly get a first hand lesson that they are no longer "that simple". Now, throw in the fact that you have neuropathy in both hands. Using your cane is not so simple when you can't feel your hands or fingers. Now we mention the fact that you are disoriented all day. In many cases you don't know right from left, up from down, back from front. Why am I telling you all of this? We all have problems, right? Yes we do. I want you to know though, no matter how messed up your life may seem, it's only an illusion. It can get worse. You are the only one to make it worse, though. I could have easily just sat in a corner and said, "forget all this", i'm not going any further. I didn't do that.
Anyway, if this posts helps one person take a closer look at their life and say, " I can do better", but it's going to take hard work and dedication to do it, then my goal has been accomplished. Til tomorrow.
Comments
Post a Comment