Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.
I know, I slept over again. I think maybe three days this time. Forgive me, please. I have had a lot on my plate, lately. When you are blind, there is nothing as "forgiving". You try to make a phone call, but you have to use a handheld device that reads an entire message through while trying to dial the numbers. Then you hear a message on the phone receiver, "I'm sorry, you have exceeded the allotted time to dial". Oh, so aggravating. Enough about that though. This isn't what I wanted the post to be about.
Ever hear the story about the "boy who cried wolf". The story applies to many arena's in life. If a person is offered so many "dream opportunities" in life only to be disappointed every time, he will become so weary of those opportunities he will stop believing they exists. That is where we are today. I can use this example in many situations I have encountered, lately. Example 1: I listen to these organizations that offer to help feed "those in need", however, possible 1 out of 1000 of those organizations actually deliver food to those who are actually starving. If you are starving, you most likely do not have transportation to get to these places. If you really wanted to feed the hungry, Then you would make every effort to go to them. They wonder why people have stopped donating to these charities? Dishonesty. They know that most likely only fifty percent of their donations actually go towards feeding the hungry. Example 2: All of these organizations that offer assistance to the elderly, disabled, homeless, and abused are only there to pacify their own guilt. What guilt? Who knows. Maybe they feel guilty because they have taken so much from so many they think they can sleep better at night by thinking they are helping others. Do yourself and those of us who need the help a favor, stay at home.
Out of all the assistance I received while losing my vision, it was mostly given by those who were close to me at that time. For those people(and they know who they are) my heartfelt thanks goes out to you. The organizations that were supposed to be there to help me dropped me like a rock when they exceeded the funds available to them by the state. None of these organizations ever called me after the funds were no longer available to check to see how I was doing. To be honest, they left me deeper in debt. Also to be honest, those that were close to me, once they felt I was comfortably in the hands of those who are supposed to help, also dropped me like a rock. Not one of them calls to see how I am doing, check to see if I need anything, or just to say "hi". I must say though, I am not disappointed. It was expected. Anyway, I hope you see where I am going with this. If you say you are there to help "people", then help people. Now, If you want to just help a select group of people or just those whom are in your "click" then please be specific. Stop giving those of us who need hope false hope. Best wishes.
Walter.
I know, I slept over again. I think maybe three days this time. Forgive me, please. I have had a lot on my plate, lately. When you are blind, there is nothing as "forgiving". You try to make a phone call, but you have to use a handheld device that reads an entire message through while trying to dial the numbers. Then you hear a message on the phone receiver, "I'm sorry, you have exceeded the allotted time to dial". Oh, so aggravating. Enough about that though. This isn't what I wanted the post to be about.
Ever hear the story about the "boy who cried wolf". The story applies to many arena's in life. If a person is offered so many "dream opportunities" in life only to be disappointed every time, he will become so weary of those opportunities he will stop believing they exists. That is where we are today. I can use this example in many situations I have encountered, lately. Example 1: I listen to these organizations that offer to help feed "those in need", however, possible 1 out of 1000 of those organizations actually deliver food to those who are actually starving. If you are starving, you most likely do not have transportation to get to these places. If you really wanted to feed the hungry, Then you would make every effort to go to them. They wonder why people have stopped donating to these charities? Dishonesty. They know that most likely only fifty percent of their donations actually go towards feeding the hungry. Example 2: All of these organizations that offer assistance to the elderly, disabled, homeless, and abused are only there to pacify their own guilt. What guilt? Who knows. Maybe they feel guilty because they have taken so much from so many they think they can sleep better at night by thinking they are helping others. Do yourself and those of us who need the help a favor, stay at home.
Out of all the assistance I received while losing my vision, it was mostly given by those who were close to me at that time. For those people(and they know who they are) my heartfelt thanks goes out to you. The organizations that were supposed to be there to help me dropped me like a rock when they exceeded the funds available to them by the state. None of these organizations ever called me after the funds were no longer available to check to see how I was doing. To be honest, they left me deeper in debt. Also to be honest, those that were close to me, once they felt I was comfortably in the hands of those who are supposed to help, also dropped me like a rock. Not one of them calls to see how I am doing, check to see if I need anything, or just to say "hi". I must say though, I am not disappointed. It was expected. Anyway, I hope you see where I am going with this. If you say you are there to help "people", then help people. Now, If you want to just help a select group of people or just those whom are in your "click" then please be specific. Stop giving those of us who need hope false hope. Best wishes.
Walter.
Comments
Post a Comment