Hi everyone!!

Well, if you've been following my post, then you already know that being blind isn't easy. But, if you are still not convinced, I still have a few exercises I would like you to try. Find a blindfold, or, simply just close your eyes. Now, think of someones phone number you know off the top of your head. Now, dial it!! Having fun yet? If you are, you won't be when the phone company tells you you have exceeded the length of time allowed to dial the numbers. These are simple tasks everyone performs everyday. Yet, without vision, they are next to impossible. I hope to have this site up and fully functional by January 2016. It will have links where you can go if you are blind for equipment to make life a little more simple. That is what I am researching now. I also hope to bring the blind community together to address the problem with "price gouging". Our Congress needs to know that if you are blind, you are by no means rich. Some of this equipment is so rediculously priced that most, if not all of us, could never afford it.

Everyone always talks about the "new" technology available to the public. There is so much technology available to the blind, but so overpriced, it makes it not available to most of us. For me, having neuropathy and not having the ability to walk straight since my upper and lower torso's are twisted away from each other, I have to constantly hunt someone down to go shopping either with me or for me. I heard an advertisement the other day about a delivery "bot" coming soon to deliver groceries. That should have been available twenty years ago.  I read an article, well, had it read to me, about how many blind people there are in the U.S. alone. The number isn't extremely overwhelming, yet it is astonishing to think that the 1.7 mil blind in the U.S. are kept hidden in closets.

Only about 30 percent actually live in the community. Most live in assisted living homes, or as the article referred to them "institutions".  Just because you do not have the ability to use your eyes to see, doesn't mean you can't "see". I use every resource available to me to maneuver my way around.
I am improving at a graceful rate. Well, check back later and I will have another exercise you can try if you think you have what it takes to be blind. Later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do you do that?

Common sense approach to online marketing.