Howdy all!!
I'm back!! My last post, like two days ago, I gave everyone an easy exercise you can try to see if you have what it takes to be blind and self-supportive in today's world. How did everyone do?? Probably about as well as I did the first time I attempted it. Ha, ha. It is not easy living in a world where everything is "visual". Commercials, television shows, magazines, everywhere you go, everything is visual. It needs to come to a point where things are based upon the rest of our senses. Hearing, touch, taste, smell, even the ones we haven't fully understood yet, you know the ones I am talking about.
Since I lost my vision, so many other senses have come to life. I sense things in ways I did not imagine. I could not have imagined since sight is so easy to use. I think that falls under the category of laziness. We get lazy because sight is so "reliable". Is it? When you go blind, you quickly realize that many things you thought were easy to understand with sight are simply not that easy. Distance, for example. How far away is an object? When you are blind, you either rely on your cane to tell you that, if it picks it up in your "sweep", or, you take your time and try to get a "feel" of your surroundings in other ways. Sound is the most used by me. I listen to objects that make noise and base my judgement of distance for other objects by the reverberation of that noise. Crazy, huh??
Any way, enough lesson for one day. Check back tomorrow, I hope to have more on what is takes to "see blind".
By the way, the Holidays are upon us. If you are looking for extra cash, check this out. It is easy to use, easy to understand, easy to follow, and can be entertaining and fun, while putting extra cash in your pocket. http://www.clixsense.com/?r=7836257&s=101
Try it, its free!!
Walter.
I'm back!! My last post, like two days ago, I gave everyone an easy exercise you can try to see if you have what it takes to be blind and self-supportive in today's world. How did everyone do?? Probably about as well as I did the first time I attempted it. Ha, ha. It is not easy living in a world where everything is "visual". Commercials, television shows, magazines, everywhere you go, everything is visual. It needs to come to a point where things are based upon the rest of our senses. Hearing, touch, taste, smell, even the ones we haven't fully understood yet, you know the ones I am talking about.
Since I lost my vision, so many other senses have come to life. I sense things in ways I did not imagine. I could not have imagined since sight is so easy to use. I think that falls under the category of laziness. We get lazy because sight is so "reliable". Is it? When you go blind, you quickly realize that many things you thought were easy to understand with sight are simply not that easy. Distance, for example. How far away is an object? When you are blind, you either rely on your cane to tell you that, if it picks it up in your "sweep", or, you take your time and try to get a "feel" of your surroundings in other ways. Sound is the most used by me. I listen to objects that make noise and base my judgement of distance for other objects by the reverberation of that noise. Crazy, huh??
Any way, enough lesson for one day. Check back tomorrow, I hope to have more on what is takes to "see blind".
By the way, the Holidays are upon us. If you are looking for extra cash, check this out. It is easy to use, easy to understand, easy to follow, and can be entertaining and fun, while putting extra cash in your pocket. http://www.clixsense.com/?r=7836257&s=101
Try it, its free!!
Walter.
Comments
Post a Comment